Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Polenta

Tonight we had one of my favorite healthy and fast suppers. We had polenta topped with zucchini and mushrooms. And cole slaw (b/c I had leftover cabbage) and potato-rosemary bread.

I like polenta because it is soooo easy. I mixed it up about lunchtime and left it in the refrigerator to cool. It looked like this when I pulled it out. Then I sliced it and browned it in my new cast iron skillet.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


I browned it while the zucchini and mushrooms were sauteeing. I prefer sliced portobellos for this, but they didn't have any for a reasonable price this week. The regular mushrooms are pretty good, too. After the veggies get soft, I add a can of Italian diced tomatoes and heat for one minute.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


And then I top with mozzarella or parmesan or whatever I have on hand. Delicious!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Mmmm... that looks delish! My hubby hasn't been a big polenta fan so far, but I might try this one out on him! :D