Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Keeping Leo fed

Leo has been making me crazy for quite sometime now with his snacking habits. He's "just a little hungry" all the time, and we negotiate all day about what he's going to eat next.

Sooo...on the advice of several trusted mom friends...I debuted a new feature at our house this week - the Snack Tray!!! It has been well received so far. I choose the snacks each morning, but he can make requests for the next day. He can eat them anytime during the day without permission. He can exchange "cards" for perishables like fruit and cheese. Once the snacks are gone, he's done snacking for the day! (Can you tell I grew up in the Richard Simmons Deal-a-Meal era?)So far he hasn't emptied the tray during the day. He loves this, and I'm not pulling my hair out anymore!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh! I totally need to try this. Sevi eats so much. she wants to snack all day long. Drives me crazy. I am going to try this one. Thanks!

Kim said...

Glad that's working for ya! It has really kept me sane with less whining.

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

love this idea - I will try to use for Ava. She only snacks, doesn't care for meals!

~Dina

Shannon said...

Really cute idea!

I may have to introduce it for Ben. Faith's past the point of noshing all day long.