Friday, December 7, 2007

Tex-Mex Pasta Salad

Tex-Mex Pasta Salad has a great flavor and makes a HUGE amount. The leftovers also hold up well. It's great for potlucks, or suppers where I want lots of leftovers. This week I made it for a potluck of 5 mommies - I took half and saved the rest for dinner. And we still had enough for Todd's lunch - it's good enough that we will eat it that many times. It's really the dressing that makes this yummy - I've tried lots of different combinations. I often leave out the turkey - or I sub fajita chicken chunks - we like to add corn, green olives, and chopped Trappey's jalapenos. I also like it because I can prepare it in stages if I need to take it to a gathering - I make the dressing the night before and let it sit in the fridge...make the pasta and put it in a ziploc. Lots of the ingredients are convenience products, so that makes for easy prep - packaged shredded cheese, canned beans, canned corn, etc. This one has lots of options.

Before I've mixed in the dressing:

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


The finished product:

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

No comments: