Saturday, December 22, 2007

Oven-Fried Catfish


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


This is an old favorite from when I frist started WW. We love the flavors and how the fillets come out of the oven so crispy. I don't use quite as much of each spice in the cornmeal mixture as the recipe calls for b/c it's a little strong to me, and don't forget to give each breaded fillet a quick dose of non-stick spray before baking. We love these!

Cornmeal-Battered Oven-Fried Catfish

1/2 cup uncooked yellow cornmeal
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1/2 cup FF skim milk
1 pound catfish fillets
1 medium lemon, quartered

1. Preheat oven to 425.

2. Mix cornmeal, paprika, thyme, salt, celery seeds, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper together in a shallow soup bowl. Pour milk into another shallow soup bowl.

3. Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. Dredge fillets first in milk, then in cornmeal mixture, coating both sides and pressing cornemal mixture gently to adhere. Place coated fillets on baking sheet and lightly spray each with cooking spray.

4. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let stand at room temp 2 minutes before serving. Serve with lemon wedge.

4 Servings; 5 Points
From WW Online

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made this tonight for my in-laws and they loved the catfish...DH and I did too. ;)

Anonymous said...

I was planning to make fried catfish this week... I think I will try it this way instead- Giovanna