Monday, December 3, 2007

Salmon with Mustard Cream

Seems like I'm doing more and more easy ones in this busy holiday season. This is another favorite - Salmon with Mustard Cream. It's out of an old WW cookbook that I love.

You can make the cream early in the day. I've used fresh dill and I've also used dried (half the amount), and they both taste great. I always use fresh minced garlic though. I also use a really good coarsely ground Dijon for the mustard - the coarse grind gives the cream a great texture.

You just broil the salmon (sprinkled with pepper) until it's done, and put one Tbsp of the Mustard Cream on it. It's yummy. Last week, I served it with steamed kale and a baked sweet potato.

Mustard Cream

1/2 cup red. fat sour cream
1.5 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp chopped fresh dill
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1.5 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1 garlic clove, minced


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

No comments: