Monday, October 6, 2008

Roasted Poblano Black Bean Hummus

I have been experimenting with hummus made out of different beans lately. I concocted a winner today - it is soooo good! I don't have a picture, and I don't have an exact recipe...but you'll get the idea.

Roasted Poblano Black Bean Hummus

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
poblano pepper - roasted, peeled, and seeded
juice of 2 small limes
1-2 tbsp tahini (can sub peanut butter, but I don't think it is as good)
5 garlic cloves (or to taste)
1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
cumin to taste
salt to taste

To roast poblano pepper, preheat oven to broil. Put poblano pepper on a cookie sheet and roast on each side until the skin starts to blacken - usually 4-5 minutes per side. After each side has been roasted, put the pepper in a large ziploc bag and let it steam for 10 minutes. Then remove the pepper from the bag. Remove the seeds and peel off the skin. You can use as much of the pepper in your hummus as you like - I used about half of a medium sized one.

Combine poblano and all other ingredients in a food processor. Whirl to desired consistency.

Trust me - this is soooo good! I like it best at room temperature.

No comments: