Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Classic Beef Stew in my new (cheap!) Dutch Oven

Recipe Link

Cook's Illustrated Reviews of Dutch Ovens

I have wanted an enameled cast iron Dutch Oven for the longest time, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay for a Le Creuset - even at outlet prices! When I read the great review of the $40 Tramontina Dutch Oven at WalMart sometime last spring, I decided that I would purchase one this Fall for soup and stew season. So...here is my new $40 Dutch Oven. So far, it's great.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


For it's inaugural meal, I made a Classic Beef Stew from Real Simple magazine. This stew is company worthy! So good and very rich. It makes the most delicious gravy I have ever tasted. It's so rich that I think we'll only do it for special occasions. It was very, very tasty.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

No comments: