Monday, September 8, 2008

Red Pepper Cannellini Hummus


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


This hummus was inspired by a recipe in The Dallas Morning News. I didn't want to make sage pesto today, so I just made up my own recipe. I had it with lunch today, and it was absolutely wonderful with carrots and celery.

Red Pepper Cannellini Hummus
2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 large red bell pepper
juice of 1 medium lemon
6-8 garlic cloves
1 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat broiler. Broil red pepper, turning as each side begins to roast (about 4 minutes per side). Remove from oven and immediately put the pepper in a large ziploc bag. Let steam for 10 minutes. Then peel and remove seeds.

Combine bell pepper and all other ingredients in a food processor. Blend until hummus reaches desired consistency.

Serve with crudites, pita, etc.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Adding it to my list :)

cara said...

I made this tonight...yummy!