Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My Kinda Pad Thai

We had Pad Thai tonight, and I based it on this recipe. Instead of shrimp, I like tofu and veggies. I don't think this recipe has enough veggies, so I added 3 colors of bell peppers (very cheap at the Asian market), onion, bean sprouts, green onions, and carrots. I also use WW noodles instead of regular pasta - I've been eating whole wheat for so long now that the other tastes like mush. In the future, I'd also like to add baby corn and watercress.

First I get everything prepped - veggies washed and chopped, tofu chopped, and the peanut sauce mixed up.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


I saute the garlic in sesame oil until it is fragrant and then add the white onions, peppers, and carrots.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


After the veggies are soft...

-i add the tofu and saute until hot
-add the peanut sauce and heat 2 mins or so until thickened
-add the noodles, bean sprouts, green onions, and peas and heat through

I serve topped with chopped cilantro and peanuts, a lime wedge, and Sriracha. Delicious and great for leftovers!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

No comments: