Thursday, December 11, 2008

Chicken and Basil Calzones

Recipe Link

This is a great EASY (IMO!) recipe for a weeknight.

You start by just browning the meat (I used ground turkey instead of chicken) with a little garlic. Once it was browned, I drained the meat and then simmered with 3/4 cup prepared pizza sauce for 5 minutes. Then I sprinkled in a little dried basil. It calls for fresh, but I'm not paying for that right now, lol.

I rolled out the Pillsbury pizza dough right on the cookie sheet sprayed with pam. Then cut it into fourths and patted those into rectangles. Then put 1/4 of the turkey on and topped with 2 tbsp preshredded mozzarella. Folded over and crimped with a fork. Baked at 425 for 12 minutes.

They were YUMMY! I think we'll try them with taco turkey meat and black beans next. Very good and easy!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

2 comments:

Mama Red said...

great idea!

Diva Mamma said...

Thanks for another great recipe! We had these for dinner and everyone loved them!!!!